Wednesday 9 October 2013

True to form.

My mate called today and as expected bought me plenty of damsons from his Partner's tree which I am most grateful.
 I guess there were about 7lb or approximately 3 kilos. Some were a little over ripe but perfect for jam which is what I intended to use most of mine for.
 I selected about 1.5 lbs for the neighbour=r who he was going to see about fixing a plug, unfortunately he was a little later than the last time he came so missed the neighbour as the couple had to travel to Skegness on urgent business.
 I asked her prior to them leaving that he would like some eggs and he was bringing them a few damsons. My mate knew nothing of this however.
 When he arrived I gave him the news that although I had the key to the garage, they would not be in to answer any questions he wished to ask.
 My mate managed to pull a tree up that I had started, I can't manage anything hard anymore as I am getting weaker.
 Earlier I picked a few tomatoes for my mate's Partner as a thank you for the damsons. The majority were Shirley F1 hybrid tomatoes. One of the more expensive type, I only hope she likes them as I grow mostly plum tomatoes.
 I also picked several beetroot for my mate and a few carrots. Both have been good this year.
 We had our dinner and around 1.45pm. I suggested we go round to see if they had returned. A no was the answer, the joiner was working on their extension so we had a chat with him. After 10 minutes we went back and had a talk. I told him that if they didn't get back by 2.15pm. I would give him my 4 eggs and would then ask her for a few. I know she would give me the.
 Around 2.14pm. we went round once more, luckily to find that they had just arrived home once more. My mate went with her Husband to get some information. I asked her for some eggs and told her I would get the damsons. Off I went and by the time I got back there, my mate and her Husband were back too. She looked at the damsons and remarked they looked good, they should have been for I selected them myself from lots of over ripe damsons. Those over ripe ones being ideal for jam. She then went to get the eggs. 12 in all, I was pleasantly surprised, that meant 6  each to my mate and his Partner. Nice fresh eggs. Free range too. How nice. Hope they enjoy them. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment