Monday 21 October 2013

Stiff as a board

After Thursday's fitting of the new fencing panels, I noticed that the weather forecast for the next week or so was more rain than dry weather. With that in mind I decided to crack on and get as many panels off the old fence panels I could.
 For the first time since I packed up work, over 20 years ago, I did 3 solid hours of work before dinner t8ime and another 2 hours after. Me working 5 hours in a day, I didn't think I had it in me. Mind you, I suffered for it. On Friday I didn't know how to move, every muscle in my body ached. Saturday was not much better so first thing Sunday morning I decided to have a good soak in the bath.
 I was much refreshed after the good soak but still did nothing at all in the morning. I felt better in the afternoon that I went and removed the nails from several panels, they don't look very good though. My mate will tell me if they can be salvaged, I think most will just about be O.K.
 I took a few photos of the mess and hopefully will post them soon.
 today has been another dreadful day, dark and very wet. I had intended to go and do some more nail removing but my Best Pal rung up and asked if he could call to see me. Naturally I told him I would love to see him.
 It was soon after dinner he came, bought me some plastic trays so now I have nearly all of my apples in the garage. He then told me that almost certainly he would be going back home to Chesterfield. So this is the last time we will meet this year. Sad of course but as I told him we both have something to look forward to. March next year. I took him to see the replacement panels and he agreed that they were of good quality and would probably last me my lifetime. Around 4.30pm.  we said our good byes and I then got my teatime meal. No sooner had I sat down when the door bell rang. It was the neighbour. I had told her that if she wanted any carrots, just ask, well she was now asking. I told her that I would take some round within 10 minutes. I went round and saw that workmen were still working on the new extension but she told me that hopefully soon all would be completed. It looked as if the men were fitting the new washing machine in place. It is a modern direct drive machine, very expensive with the motor having a 10 year warranty. It also has a 12 kg. load that will be great for she has a few staying in her home. Enough for now. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment