Wednesday 30 October 2013

Winds?

I guess we were lucky here for on Sunday night when high winds were expected, we had nothing at all. In fact the winds were far more lively on Sunday morning when I was cleaning my block paving. I will post photos another time.
 Block paving was  all the rage about 20 or so years ago. I certainly would never recommend it to anyone. It looks great for the first few years but then it is labour intensive cleaning out between the blocks. I was told by the guy who laid the blocks not to have them sealed as it was a waste of money. The only way to keep them clean is to daily sweep them with a yard brush. mechanical machines go round those public places that have block paving, hence no soil between the block and no weeds.
 On Monday morning although no gales, we did have heavy rain, many other places had  a similar downpour, now the ground is very wet indeed, what we could do with is a fortnights dry weather, not likely to get it though.
 Today, I had my old employee come to see me. he and his Wife were up from Devon, a very long way indeed. It was great to see them. I asked if they had managed to escape damage with the gales. I was somewhat surprised by their reaction. Yes it had been windy but nothing more than gales and they had escaped the bulk of the bad weather.
 Time passed so quickly, I had bought some ham from the Co-op deli counter and although it was cut a little too thin for  my liking, it was beautiful. They both agreed with me that it tasted great.
 When they left a gave them a few carrots, very dirty unfortunately because of all the rain we have had. Still they do taste very nice. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment