Thursday 17 October 2013

Hectic

These last few days has been a little busy.
 On Tuesday I went round to the neighbour and she told me that her Husband would be round to cut the trees down. I informed her that unfortunately I had made arrangements to go to Grantham.
 Off I went Wednesday morning calling at the local Supermarket only to find that what I looked forward to most, a fresh herring, they did not have any so I had to go without.
 I took my Sisters some fruit and vegetables, stayed there for about an hour then made my way back home, a journey of some 60 miles.
 No sooner had I entered my home when the telephone rang, it was the fence man, the one who was fitting 10 replacement fence panels. He asked me if it was possible to fit the replacements the next day(today). I told him that there was no problem.
 I wondered if I had enough money on me but I had just enough. I went round next door to tell her that the fence man would be round their rear garden to fit the replacement panels but no one was in. It had just started to rain and as it got heavier I did not bother to go round again.
 This morning I heard the waste bin being wheeled in. I got on a box and saw it was her Husband. He had a chainsaw with him. I shouted and told him that the fence man was coming today and would be fitting the replacement panels. immediately told me that he would come and cut the trees down. He
 I guess there would be about 15 altogether but I really don't know. What we did was as soon as he cut about half way through the trunk, I would start to add pressure and the trunk would then break off. We were both surprised just how easy things went. Within an hour we had all the tree trunks cut down. This would be just before Noon.
 I decided not to cook my meal as I was sure the fence man would be here before I would have time to eat my meal.
 I was right for about 1.15pm. he arrived. He was surprised and pleased that the place had been cleared so much. He had an assistant with him. I asked him to put the old panels together and my plan was to eventually, with my mate build a fence at the bottom of the garden, trying to stop the rabbits from coming in my garden to eat much of what I sow.
  Things went well and I asked if they wanted a drink, the answer was in the affirmative and he told me that at the last job, nothing was offered. They didn't stop for long and got on with the job. So much so that soon after 3.15pm. they had finished. I reminded him about a further job I needed when the bulk gas tank was moved to another  position. All he told me was just to let him know and he would come as soon as he could. I paid him and away they went. I am sure both of us were satisfied.
 To think that yesterday the Leylandi were in place with the old fencing panels too. Now today all the Leylandi `are down and 10 new panels are now in situe, I am well satisfied. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment