Thursday 24 July 2014

Electric

 That cucumber measured 11" when I took it off today. They are very pleasant tasting too.
 I took this photo to show just how large the leaves are, they are huge.
Plenty of plum tomatoes but to be honest in general the plants don't look as healthy as I would like.
 
The grapes as you can see are ripening nicely, very early this year though.
This morning was the first day in ages that we had the sun shining early. I thought at least I would be doing well with my solar. Wrong! I was listening to the radio and just before 9.00am. it went silent. I checked to see that we had a power cut. Not the first one, we certainly seem to get more than our fair share of power cuts. Anyway it was not good for solar production as when there is no electricity, nothing at all is produced. The first time it happened I presumed that what I had been generating would be stored and when the electricity was restored it would be credited. That is not how it works. You lose the lot and only when the power returns will you start producing solar electricity once more. Anyway it was not off too long less than an hour. The guy next door was doing some DIY and it stopped him completely. I shouted him to let hi know that once more we were back in civilisation. We just have to accept it. More soon                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment