Thursday 3 July 2014

No specs


The first photo is of the young man living next door. He came to show me his new glasses which are reactolight. He is very pleased with them, also with the photo I took and he wished me to post the said photo.
 The second is of my garden peas picked this morning. Just 4.5 lbs. Mind you I was very pleased when I had finished picking them.
 Yesterday as I said I went to Grantham to have my eyes tested with the regular guy who checks my eyes each year. He once again informed me that I would last another year and remarked that my spectacles were 3 years old so at least it saved me over £100 on a new pair. Anyway this should last me until around the same time next year.
 We get on well and he told me that he works 4 days a week now and wished to make it 3 but his Son was going to University so he felt he couldn't work a 3 day week just yet. He told me his Son wished to study languages. French, German and Russian. Well I think that is what he said.
 I left home just before 7.15am and planned it that I could go to Morrison's before my appointment which was at 9.10am. I arrived at Morrison's car park around 8.45am. Managed to get all what I wanted and luckily enough there was a free checkout so I walked straight there. For the first time she put all of my groceries in bags for me.  I paid then went to my car, put the goods in my boot and took the trolley back then walked to Spec-Savers. I arrived just after 9.05am. This worked out perfectly.
 After my eye test I went to fill up with fuel, then went to see my Sisters. Went and looked at their garden had a couple of mugs of coffee the set off home around 11.00am.
 I arrived back home around 12.45pm. having stopped in Alford to call at a fruit and veg shop. Noticed that they had some nice looking Apricots so bought some.
 I  put all the groceries away then proceeded to get my dinner which was a herring. No sooner had I eaten it when I felt absolutely worn out. It really had taken it's toll. I guess my age is catching up on me.
 After a short nap I poached a few Apricots and made a jar of jam with the rest. The jam tastes very nice.
 Today I made a little Strawberry jam, promising the lad next door to give him a little to have for himself. Tomorrow I plan to have an easy day.
Don't know if I mentioned it but I set a few runner beans in my polytunnel and on Tuesday I had my first taste of them. Very nice indeed.
 More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment