Monday 28 July 2014

Fencing

Last October the next door's fencing, well a few panels anyway blew down. It was a horrible evening and the noise was terrific. So much so that at first light I went outside to look at my roof because I honestly thought some severe damage had been done. Not so, I wondered where the noise had come from. Going indoors I noticed from my kitchen door something was not right. I opened the door to find a panel leaning against my door.
 Well that was October, all the young man did was to secures, well not really secure, the panels and left them.
 My mate came over here about 3 weeks ago and there was a very strong wind and the banging got on his nerves. He wedged a brick and stopped the noise. I then tackled them about it without much success to be honest.
 I was now fed up as it had been 9 months since the damage so on Saturday morning I called the young man over and asked if I could have a serious talk. I explained what I would do if the panels were not replaced in 2 weeks. Needless to say he was angry.
 This morning I saw the older man and we came to some agreement that he, himself would do the panels. I told him that I was willing to help him but was sad I had to threaten the young man before anything has happened.
 I will now wait and see what happens next.
 I have had a surprise, we have had very strong winds and I don't know why but I went to check my rear exterior door which makes my property private. To my horror I saw that there was a chunk of wood lying on the ground. I went to check what was wrong. I noticed that the door had gone rotten. I suggested to my mate when I rung him that we could clad it with some white PVC. Of course he had a better suggestion similar to what I suggested so now I will wait for him to do it. I sincerely hope it will not be too long as the door has really rotted badly. I am sure a good push would see it collapse. It will be done though sometime. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment