Monday 22 September 2014

Disturbing news.

Last week was a busy week for me as I had to go to the Surgery 3 times.
 I had a phone call on Thursday evening from the Guy who had my Business. He has always kept in touch and to be honest I generally go to see him and his Wife about twice a year taking a little produce but this year has been so poor I have had nothing to take up to them.
 Well he told me he had cancer of the spleen and had his first dose of chemotherapy a couple of weeks ago. They told him that it was treatable and that the course could take either 4 or 6 months. He has had a heart attack a couple of years ago but as he keeps telling me he loves the Business and the situation where it is situated. To be honest both of them looked tired as it is towards the end of the season but he told me he feels well. That is good news and he told me so far the treatment hasn't affected him much.
 Last week was a dreadful week weatherwise as it was like a November week. Yesterday was an improvement and today has been the best day for quite a while.
 I rung my Brother-in-Law on Saturday and he told me his runner beans had finished, I told him that he wasn't on his own as I was in a similar situation. What I didn't tell him is that I set some runner beans in my polytunnel and they look promising.
These are just a few of the hazel nuts that I have had of my tree. Mind you I don't know when I will be posting another photo as my device has decided not to upload any more of my pictures. I still  have a few cucumbers on my plant, that is well over 20 fruits that I have had. At least something has performed well this year. The squirrels have had their fill. More soon.        

No comments:

Post a Comment