Thursday 4 September 2014

Re. Work completed

This is my latest cucumber. I placed it on a 11and1/2" plate. Also shown is one of the leaves that are on the cucumber plant. The length of the cucumber was just the same size of the oval plate, or 29cm to any younger person who finds this blog by mistake. The leaves are huge and I don't know what has caused this as I know next to nothing about growing cucumbers but I do let them grow at a slight angle. So far I have had at least 15 fruits and there are more to come.
 As to the photo. I am a little ashamed as I did take more than 1 snap but as nearly always the others were no good. I don't know what my American friend would say. He managed to take magnificent photos of a building while travelling in his car. They were perfect.
 I went outside to catch the young man next door as I had some plum jam for him. Not only him but his carer too. On Tuesday while he was showing his bike she came round with a couple of jam jars. Anyway I asked him if he still had his bike here as I wished to take a couple of photos(more like 6 to make up for the poor snaps that would have to be deleted) to put on my blog but he told  me he had it taken to Butlin's. It had come to good use as he told me he had done 13 miles today. Tomorrow he is going to a Party which is being held for the people with learning difficulties. He told me some time ago that next Friday he is going to Coronation Street where they film the programme. He hopes that he will be on T.V.  No doubt he will tell me all about it when he next sees me.
Now to the blog Work completed, I must be getting a little senile. I was somewhat surprised that it didn't appear. I then saw that somehow it had been filed under drafts. Anyway that is why the two posts were published at the same time. Mind you the work my mate did does look great. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment