Tuesday 2 September 2014

More rain

We seem to get more than our fair share of rain lately however today has been one of the best days for some time.
 My Sister rang me over the weekend and told me that her runner beans had not produced as many as she had hoped. Apart from a couple of weeks they have been rather poor. I told her that not only me but the Postman had the similar sort of problem, in fact most of the vegetables this year have been poor. I did notice that there are some beanlets on and also flowers so that over the coming few weeks may be picking them.
 The only success I have had is the cucumber plant that my Italian friend gave me in April. I have had at least 15 cucumbers and I noticed today that I have another 2 ready and there are at least 2 more growing well.
 I have had a couple of marrows from my plants. I originally set 4 but 2 perished. I managed to get 2 from one plant and hopefully I will get 2 more, one from each plant.
 I set a few broad beans and also a few peas in the polytunnel and they are growing nicely. If we continue with this warm weather I may have some peas and broad beans.
 Yesterday the young man from next door came and showed me his bicycle that he had bought. He told me he works a few days a week at Butlin's and he wished to ride there instead of walking as it is a large complex. I reminded him to have a lock as it looks a nice bike.
I have dug up my Victoria plum tree up today, to be honest it was a hard task and I needed a long rest after I did it. I dug it up because the bark was not so good besides I do have a couple of other plum trees and I find all I do is give loads away. More soon .

No comments:

Post a Comment