Tuesday 9 September 2014

Prescription time

This morning I put my repeat order in for medication. I was Surprised because just after 5.00pm. the delivery man rung my doorbell and I received my medication. In with the medications was a letter in a sealed envelope. Upon opening it I was informed that it was a requirement that all patients over the age of 75 would have a named G.P. who would have overall responsibility of my needs. It also stated that I can see other G.Ps. Just as well as I have never seen him in my life. Mainly because he is new to the Practice and is an associate G.P.
 Anyway I went to have my haircut with the usual barber, I knew he was going on holiday tomorrow for the next couple of weeks. He told me he was looking forward to having a break.
 I called in at the Co-op and bought a couple of pieces of shoulder of pork, they were on offer. To be candid they were not top quality but beggars can't be choosers as there has been no pork around for some time. It reminded me of when I was a youngster, no fridge's or freezer's and nobody would buy pork in the summer months. The old saying was don't eat pork when there is no R in the month. Therefore from May to August no pork.
 When I got to the checkout I paid and was given a voucher stating that if I spent £5 I would get a £1 discount of my next purchase providing I used it by the 16th. of September. As I shall be going to the Dental Surgery on the 15th. I will hopefully be taking up the offer. The surgery is only about 1/4 of a mile from the Co-op so I will not be making a special journey.
 Finally for now, next door has been building an extension and he has worked hard but has been let down by other contractors. He has tried for a few weeks to get a plasterer. He told me on Saturday that on Monday the plasterer should be there. Yesterday came and went without a sign, he gave me the thumbs down but this morning I gave him the thumbs up as the plasterer had arrived and started work. let us hope that the job goes well from now as he told me that he hopes to get away for a week after the work is completed. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment