Wednesday 21 January 2015

Haircut

Yesterday with the weather although being frosty was not too slippery so I decided to go and have my haircut.
 The Barber is very talkative and yesterday was no different. What made it somewhat different was that a young man walked in, obviously the Barber knew him because they passed pleasantries and the young man had no intention of having his hair cut. He told the hairdresser that he was up in court at 10.30am. and was going to lose his driving licence. He went on to explain what had happened. He said his wife was at work and when it came for her to leave she couldn't get a taxi so she rung him. He told her he would go to pick her up. He had been drinking at home but said he had only a couple of cans. Anyway he went and parked in the car park and waited for his partner to arrive. As soon as she did he left the car park only to be stopped by the Police. He gave a sample and tested positive. 66 milligrams he was taken to the Police Station and again tested, this time it was 65 milligrams. He said he had his driving licence on him and accepted that he would be banned. His partner then came in and suggested that they got a move on so they left.
 It was then my turn in the chair, the hairdresser than told me that as a youngster he had been a tearaway but had settled down. He then suggested that he had more than 2 cans of beer, I told him I was certain he had drunk more than 2 cans as it was nearer double the limit of 35 milligrams.
 By the time I had left, done my shopping in just one shop it was well after 11.00am. when I arrived back home. I found that the Postman had left a packet of 2nd. early potatoes in a safe place.
 Not that we will be thinking of planting new potatoes yet. Although it has been a bitter cold morning 2c. there was a little rain but not enough to bother one. We did miss the snow though, many areas had some. Let us hope that this is as bad as it gets this Winter, wishful thinking I suppose. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment