Monday 19 January 2015

Poor weather

Over the week end the weather has been cold, on Saturday morning we had a little snow and it was generally dull and very cold. Sunday dawned frosty and generally sunny but this morning when I looked out it was cloudy and we had black ice.  When I went out to feed the birds I took extra care not to fall. My eldest Sister had a fall about 3 weeks ago and broke her hand, her Husband moaned because he had to do the washing up, typical of him.
 On Friday I ordered more LPG, to be honest with the weather being kind to me the bottles lasted about a week longer than expected. Anyway the delivery man called this morning. I remarked how dangerous it was earlier and he surprised me somewhat by informing me that it was just the coastal strip that had the black ice and within 5 miles of the coast all was well. Where he lived was similar to where I live but where he works, about 15 miles inland it was frosty but good.
 Anyway I expect to use more LPG this time as the weather has been  a lot colder, the good thing is that we are well into January and the winter will not last as long as if it had been cold since the turn of the year.
 I set the geranium seeds and so far I have had a dozen germinate, even if I don't get anymore to germinate I will be satisfied. The onions I set are beginning to germinate, so far about 8 which is a bonus as I half expected the odd one to germinate as the seeds were almost 10 years old.
 Still with the weather as it is there is no hurry as it will be several weeks before anything can be planted out in the open ground. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment