Tuesday 6 January 2015

Quickie

First of all I must apologise to all who read my blog for forgetting to say this. A Happy New Year and many of them.
 The other day I had a reminder informing me that although I have a vehicle that is zero rated for VED(vehicle excise duty)I still had to register it each year but I could do this at the Post Office but would have to take my MOT. certificate. I could also register online but I have a dreadful Epson printer/photo copier and scanner but it has been a waste of money as I have never been able to print on it and I was worried that I would have to scan some documents then print them off.
 Anyway I went to get my Pension and at the same time took this renewal letter with the MOT. certificate and also for good measure my Motor Insurance. I was surprised when I gave the teller all the relevant forms only to be informed that all that was required was the renewal form. She touched her computer a few times printed the relevant details stapled them to the document stamped the said paper then told me that it was all done and that was it for another year. It was quicker than getting my weekly State pension.
 Later today I had mail, among a lot of circulars was my debit card replacement as my old one runs out this month. With this new one there is an added feature, it is called Contactless payments. I didn't read all but it seems that those Companies participating with this system one can pay for small sums up to £20 without bothering to swipe the card. I don't suppose for one minute I shall ever use it as I NEVER go to the hole in the wall and collect money. I only use my debit card either through PayPal, online or over the telephone when I am ordering a refill of LPG. I let them store my card number in a secure unit so I don't have the bother of reading the 9 digit number each time.
 That was the total sum of my excitement today, I did also get a few seeds that I had ordered, so soon I will be setting some geranium seeds that I ordered  together with some vegetable seeds. The reason being that whenever I have ordered geranium plants they have been disappointing and have not really done much good. By the way the seeds cost me less than £2.00 a packet. I will let you know how successful I have been. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment