Monday 26 January 2015

Work again

My neighbour called earlier to say that they were going away for a few days and would I look after the chickens. I, of course told her I would.
 I knew that they were having a break from looking after the two with learning difficulties, one is a lot worse than the young man.
 I told her how helpful he had been to me on Saturday. I had a Hazel Nut tree that I wished to dig up and had asked him to help me which he told me he would do so as he would not be here next week at all.
 Anyway he came round, fully prepared with his overalls but to be honest I didn't think we could get it dug up. I had been there several times digging round the roots but the trunk was stable with no movement at all.
 Not to disappoint him I said that we would fill a strawberry bag with slits on the side with plants. This took a lot less than I expected so I told him to get the shovel(bulldog builders) from the polytunnel which he did. I showed him what I was doing so he took the shovel and of course he is a lot stronger than I am and in no time the trunk began to move. He was thrilled to see the movement so I took the shovel off him and he started to rock the trunk and with me doing not a lot really he began to snap off some roots. Within 10 minutes the trunk was free. I was absolutely buggered and the trunk was so heavy that it took all of his strength with me helping to lift it out of the hole.
 What makes me so sad is that I took several photos of the operation to show just how large the trunk was and the hole left behind but when I took the card out of the camera and tried to download pictures nothing happened. I then checked the camera and there were no pictures stored at all. It was just blank. So you must take my word for it for the last couple of days I have tidied up a little and almost filled the hole up.
 With technology there always seem to be things that go wrong. I have a T.V that is not working properly yet. I also have an Epson Printer/Scanner/Copier that is of no use. Such is life.
 Mind you I am sad about the camera as I have no idea as to what went wrong. What I will do is ask the young man when he comes back, he has a good camera and he is good at taking photos, far better than I can ever take them. I know he will enjoy taking them for me. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment