Wednesday 28 January 2015

Pleasant surprise

This morning I checked my inbox with e-mails and I had one from my mate.
 Unfortunately for him progress is slow but he is attending Night school once again so he is slowly improving.
 I had sent him mail asking how he had got on with organising transport to Q.M. Nottingham but he had no joy. I asked him about a service for the vehicle I had because he knew somebody who made a good job and was reasonable with charges. Well he gave me his telephone number and suggested that I gave him all the details and perhaps I could call on him and he would show me the way to where he was. Then perhaps we could go to my home for a while. It would be a break for him and I thought it was a good idea but the best laid plans don't always happen.
 After reading the mail I decided to telephone the guy. I told him that my mate had given me his contact number and that I had a car ready for MOT and service next month and  mate would show me where he was so if possible I would need a courtesy car. He immediately informed me that this was not necessary as he would come and pick my vehicle up, give it a full service and take it for the annual MOT and bring it back to me. I then told him I didn't live in Skegness and when I told him where I lived he assured me that this was no problem as he lived on the North of Skegness and I guess around 10 miles from me. This surprised me and he then told me that if it was convenient he would come next Tuesday morning and pick my car up. He told me he couldn't do it this week as he was busy. I thought what service!! I have never had that sort of service before. True it is a little more expensive than last year when I took it to Mablethorpe, unfortunately he didn't provide a courtesy car and I was fortunate because my Italian friend picked me up and together with his Wife bought me to my home where we stayed for a couple of hours or so then took me back to the Garage. So as you can imagine I was very happy at the outcome.
 I have mailed my mate though suggesting that once the car is finished the following week, weather permitting I would go over and pick him up, do a little shopping then return here for a meal, taking him back later. At least it would be a break for him.
 Now to other things, this morning was very windy and soon started to rain the bins were being blown all over still it was not that white stuff that they have been experiencing in the USA. Not so far anyway although the forecast is for colder weather with the prospect of snow in many areas but mainly as snow showers.
 I went to let the chickens out soon after 8.00am. Around 11.00am. I went to check on them also to give them a treat with my bird seed, they love it and eagerly wait for me to arrive with the goodies, I took a few bird seeds treats yesterday afternoon. I did look today to see if there were any eggs. 2 to be exact. I came back and made a bread and butter pudding, half of which I ate and the remainder will be devoured tomorrow.
 By the way, the guy next door told me when I got the garage key to allow me to get to the chicken seed, they would be back home on Sunday afternoon, weather permitting. Let us hope it allows them back home. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment