Friday 5 June 2015

A days work

The other day the young man who lives next door and has learning difficulties came to see me with a request. He asked me if I would water the tomato plants on Wednesday as he was going to Respite till the week end. He came round a couple of days later informing me that it was Thursday he wished me to water the plants.
 I was filling my watering can up when I heard my name called from next door. It was the Lady of the house asking me if I would do the honours for Thursday night, shutting the chickens up, then on Friday(today) feed the cats and let the chickens out.
 I normally get up early in the Summer months and this morning was no different. I looked out early on and could see that the weather was not promising so I went out early, well before 7.30am. to let the chickens out and feed the cats. I went into the garage where she had told me there were cat pouches and all I had to do was empty them. I know I am getting old but I looked all over for some dish to put the cat food in but could see none. What I did was make a little area with some bricks and put one pouch there. There was a cat home there for one which they generally see that one cat sleeps there at night. Anyway I just emptied the cat food there. Off I went to let the chickens out also topping up with chicken feed. I went and let the chickens out and put some more feed in the trough. I then went back to the garage to lock up. To my surprise one of the cats was eating the food where I had made the area so I was pleased. I walked round to the front door, there I saw the dishes which I should have placed the feed. I did no more than pick one of the dishes up, walk to where I had put the pouch in the cat home, picked it up as best I could then took it round the front and went home.
 Just in time really for about 10 minutes later we had a sharp torrential downpour with several claps of thunder a some lightening. This only lasted for about 10 minutes but for a while we had some steady rain. Around 9.30am. it cleared up.
 Soon after 10.00am. I went to give the chickens a treat with some of my bird food. I checked the place that I had made for the cat food, all was eaten and the dish had been mostly eaten so I was well satisfied. I went to give the chickens their treat then noticed the fella who has a loft on next doors property. We had a few words and he told me that they would be back early in the afternoon as he had to register for the race which was tomorrow(Saturday). He told me that he was sending his birds to Eastbourne, I remarked that this was as far as they could go in this Country. He agreed but the following week he was sending some birds to France. As for the Owners they are in a different federation and they were going to send their birds the other way, to Whitby. We talked for a further 5 or so minutes then I went back home. Incidentally I watered the plants in their greenhouse on Thursday evening. I went to see if the chickens were ready to be shut in and to my surprise they were roosting, this was about 9.30pm. way before it got dark, mind you it suited me.
 Around 1.00pm. I noticed the pigeons were out flying so I knew they were back so I went round and took them the key. Incidentally they had been to Newark and had no rain there at all.
  It is nice to know that somebody reads my blog and will do my best to keep writing as long as I can.
 Lastly for now, I have Windows 8 and yesterday I was offered the chance to upgrade to Windows 10. I answered the offer and they sent me an e-mail informing me that around the end of July they would be contacting me with the details of how to upgrade. Will be interesting. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment