Friday 19 June 2015

Tired

These photos show how the gates were fitted. I certainly would not have had any idea had it not been for my mate. It was his idea to have the plates welded so that they could take the weight of the gates. He also suggested that we measure every step to make sure that all was in the correct position. Certainly with his brain and my small input of brawn these gates are the best they have been. When they were originally fitted the design was not the best and the weight gradually made them sag, now to me they are perfect and will certainly last me my lifetime.
 I had was going to post this blog yesterday but to be frank, I was just too tired to do it. I got up around 6.30am. prepared the main meal after having a shower etc. Had breakfast then set off to pick him up at Skegness. We did a little shopping then we went and fetched the plates from his home, I decided to have a quick look at his garden, in particular his cucumber plants. They were fantastic and put mine to shame. Well to be honest, my plant, incidentally he gave me is a very very poor plant and no comparison can be made. When he gave me the plant it was the best he had got. I then looked at his broad beans, his are poor in relation to mine but at least he will have a taste of broad beans. I gave him those broad beans in pots so they were the same as mine that I set at home. Whether I get any cucumbers off mine is much of a guess. His broad beans are smothered by many strawberry plants many of which have fruits on. I hope his Partner likes strawberries because there will be far too many for one to eat.
 We set off for my home and when we arrived we had a quick cuppa, while it was brewing I showed him my cucumber plant, he admitted it was such a poor plant but I live in hopes. I did show him my peas in the polytunnel and informed him that I had over 7lb of peas off the row which was only 7' maximum. I can now reveal that this afternoon I pulled the peas up and have finished with just over 8lb of peas, well pleased with that.
 After the tea break we started and it took a little more than an hour to get the job done. I then cooked the meal which we ate around 1.00pm. Soon after 2.00pm. I took him back to his home and left getting back around 4.00pm.
 I am definitely beginning to feel my age as I find it more tiring to potter for a complete day. My recovery time is taking longer. Still I am highly delighted with what we managed to do yesterday. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment