Monday 29 June 2015

Carried away

These are the first runner beans I have had from my polytunnel. I guess I will have about a dozen meals off them in total, so well worth sowing.
 I am a little late posting this as I was carried away, I make the heat an excuse.
I dug up a couple of roots of potatoes in my polytunnel so that I could sow a few more broad beans for later in the year. The 6 or so red potatoes are self setters and I don't know what variety they are. They are white after boiling.
 The shallots are mainly from the greenhouse, normally they are ready after the longest day of the year but as this year has been cold I think it will be another week before the outdoor ones are ready to be lifted.
 Incidentally the potatoes were Foremost, my Postman uses them, I can understand why because they are more prolific than Arran Pilot but what you gain in volume you certainly lose in taste. They are rather tasteless to me. 
 My mate rung me up last night informing me that he is in the process of changing his ISP so will not be online for a few days. It is certainly a lot better deal than his old provider. He asked if the gates were working well. I told him they would definitely last me my lifetime. I did tell him that the cucumber plant was still in it's infancy, maybe it is a late developer.
  It was my Birthday yesterday another yeas. closer to the 80 mark. Over the next 4 weeks I am either at the local Surgery, having my eyes tested, going to the Outpatients Department in Louth or having my annual Diabetes eye screening. Such is life. More soon.

1 comment: