Wednesday 1 July 2015

Lad called

Yesterday the young man from next door called. First thing he had to tell me was that his carers was going to buy another car, well a sort of converted van. He told me all about it, not that I was that interested but I had to pretend that I was. He knew everything about it and asked if he could go online and show me after we had been in the garden, I of course agreed.
 We went and I showed him some of the strawberries that were ripe, he ate them and told me they were very nice. He then looked at his runner beans , also the radish then looked at his potato. It was beginning to fall over so he asked me if we could dig it up. I told him to get the digging fork, showed him where to put the fork and dig. He did this and I went on my knees to pick the potatoes up. He was thrilled to see the potatoes, so much so that I told him we would weigh them up so that he could take them to his carers home.
 Whilst the computer was warming up we weighed the potatoes, just over 2.3kg. in old money about 2lb 8oz. I was well satisfied with the volume.
 I then had about 20 minutes of him showing me the car come van. I think it was a Vauxhall. He told me that they were having side windows fitted, they wanted a large vehicle as they have the 2 with learning difficulties, also they have her Son's 2 children from time to time. It is a 7 seater vehicle.
 Eventually we went round to look at his tomato plants, I must say he is looking after them perfectly and he is taking the side shoots off. All in all his Gardener's delight tomatoes are better than the ones I have. I am more interested in the large plum tomatoes as they have few seeds in them.
 His passing remark was that he would come round to fetch me on Thursday after he finished work to show me the new car. I will then have a running commentary as to what is the specifications. He loves vehicles and will often stay talking to me just to see the bus go by. He catches the bus the days he works.
On a different note, I wish to thank Ken for is kind comment. I really do appreciate it.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment