Thursday 9 July 2015

Good and bad

Really the title should be good and bad, bad. I know my ability of taking photos leaves an awful lot to be desired. If one enlarges this photo, it is possible to see several small tortoiseshell butterflies. Last year there was a report of a shortage of them but this year I have seen loads. I wonder what my American friend thinks about my photos. He is brilliant at taking photos, I am absolutely useless, but I just try to laugh it off stating my age as an excuse.
 The second bad thing was that I went to ASDA in Grantham to have my eyes tested, on the way there I took my time as I had plenty of time to spare. Well I thought I had plenty of spare time but when I arrived at the Ancaster crossing where the traffic lights were in operation, there the road was closed. I decided to try to go the High Dyke way but travelling around a mile I was met by an official who informed me that this road was also closed and I had to turn round and make my way to the A17 eventually turning off at Cranwell to get to Grantham. I travelled through Ancaster and looked out for a turning to a village called Sudbrook. I turned into the road, well a glorified dirt track really and found that several more motorists had the same idea, as did the School Buses. It took some time to get through and eventually found my way back on to the A153 to Grantham.
  I thought I might be late for my appointment but luckily I arrived about 5 minutes early.
 Now to the good news, I had a courtesy phone call last night to remind me of my appointment and luckily enough I met the guy who had phoned me. He took several details and then I went in to have a puffer test and soon after the Optician came out and asked me to accompany him to his office where the tests took place.
 He was very thorough and honest. I thought I would need stronger spectacles but he assured me that as far as he was concerned a new pair of glasses was not really necessary but it was up to me, incidentally he informed me that if it was he that was in my place he certainly wouldn't bother. He went on to explain that stronger spectacles would only improve my sight very slightly as I had cataracts and this was my main cause of my vision, well lack of perfect vision. He seemed very pleased at what I could read. Anyway I decided not to waste my money but he did tell me that if I had any problems I should contact him and he hoped he would see me in 12 months time.
  What a difference to most Opticians, they do their upmost to sell you the most expensive pair of spectacles but at ASDA he suggested to me that I should not waste my money. I will certainly recommend anyone who is thinking of having the eyes tested to go to ASDA. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment