Friday 17 July 2015

Good growing for some things

The first photo shows some of my shallots drying in the polytunnel. I also placed a couple of plum tomatoes. The 1/2 pint mug is to give you some idea as to the size of the shallots. Certainly I have never had such large shallots before. The tomatoes are obviously a plum type but are normally grown specifically to make pasta sauce for pizzas. I like them though, firstly they are not full  of seeds and juice also they are a meaty flavour. This is the first time I have grown this particular variety, hopefully I will grow them again next year. The other photos show the shallots drying off in the greenhouse. They have produced much more than I ever expected. Please excuse the poor quality of the photos, I really should have made a better job of showing the size of the shallots.
 I always thought I would try to show the different size of things due to some of the nature programmes on T.V. They never tell you how small or large the wildlife they are filming.
 I have set some more broad beans in the polytunnel and they are just poking through. The runner beans I set in the polytunnel are more or less finished. I am pleased with what I have had off them. If I can I will set a few seeds in about 2 weeks time, just to see if I can get nay runner beans into  late October.
 I picked a few cherries off my tree yesterday. I have not got many on this year but hopefully my apples look a little better than last year which they had apple scab. I will not know until nearer harvest time. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment