Wednesday 17 June 2015

Peas

I was going to write yesterday but the young man from next door came round to see me late yesterday afternoon. He had been painting some of the pigeon lofts they have there.
 He wanted to see how the garden was looking, also eventually he wished me to look at the ditch at the end of my plot. We decided to climb over and we walked along a little and then I noticed that he had cleared the ditch so that when the wind is in the right direction they will have a large bonfire.
 He also told me he was looking forward to Saturday when I am giving him a meal consisting of sausages, new potatoes, peas out of the polytunnel and asparagus. Incidentally the peas which were no longer than 7' or more likely 2 metres in length have produced more than 7lb of peas. There are just a few more on but all in all I am delighted with the volume of produce.
 While he was round mine the people who look after him shouted to say they were going to the shops. This meant that he would be staying at mine. I didn't realise that it would take so long as it was almost 6.00pm. when he left and then I had to get my teatime meal which I try to have at 4.30pm
 I don't know if I mentioned it but I set a few runner beans in my polytunnel. They are coming on nicely and hopefully within a week I will be able to have a few meals off them. My broad beans are also filling up nicely and should be ready about the same time as the runner beans.
 Tomorrow, I once more have to go and collect my mate from Skegness. It is an eternity since he broke his elbow. I think it was November last year.  Anyway he will, with my limited assistance fix the gates so hopefully I will take a few photos just to show what solution he has come up with. It certainly looks a great idea. Let us hope it is a nice day tomorrow. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment