Tuesday 23 June 2015

Nothing like Summer

On Saturday the young man from next door came round for a meal. I had promised him a taste of garden peas. He came round a little before 11.00am. so I took him into the polytunnel to dig up a few new potatoes. What surprised me was the amount I got from one potato. certainly enough for at least a week for me and that includes the meal we had.
 I had something of a surprise yesterday as I had my monthly invoice from PlusNet my ISP. I saw that I had been charged for a call I certainly didn't make so after trying to resolve it online, rung my ISP. I had to wait about 10 minutes or so, it didn't bother me as it is a Freephone number. Eventually I got through to a young  Lady. I told her that I had been charged for a telephone number that I didn't recognise and it was something like 118800. I asked her what the number was and she told me it was directory enquiries. I then informed her that I didn't use the phone much and if she had my account she would notice this. She admitted that this was the case and she would go to see her Manager. After a  minute or less she was back and informed me that I would be refunded as the Manager believed me, also I was a good customer. I then told her that I liked the Company as they were always helpful whenever I rung them. Anyway it was worth the call as it was £3 charge to call Directory Enquiries.
 On Friday I received a letter from my Surgery asking me to ring them. I didn't bother but went this morning to see the receptionist. I took the letter with me and the receptionist was thankful I had done so. I naturally thought it was what the Nurses call an annual MOT. This is for a blood test and other related things regarding my Diabetes. This actually was not so, what it was according to the receptionist was an Annual review as to my medication. I was somewhat shocked as I told her I had been registered at the Surgery since 1998 and this was the first time I have ever been requested to discuss my medication. I thought it was a pity that it hadn't happened 15 years ago as I would almost certainly not have contracted Diabetes. I than suggested to her that we would do my annual Diabetes check at the same time, she agreed. I then asked her what was going on as A Doctor who told me he had never heard such utter rubbish was  now only an associate  G.P.  and the Practice Manager was someone new. Also the Dr  Irene Carter was not on the list so I presumes she had retired. She was certainly the best G.P there.  She  told me she had and that the Doctor mentioned was an associate as he only now worked 2 days a week. What a life for G.Ps. He has been there about 12 years and can afford to work part time.
 Anyway I have an appointment for next Tuesday. I took an old appointment card with me to save money. When I handed it to her she laughed and told me that I had just saved a tree. I joking said probably a twig. Actually she was vey nice and helpful.
 These last few days have been more like early April than late June. Today again my Central heating has been on, needless to say we haven't seen the sun at all and it is cold. Earlier it was just 12c.. Mind you I have a few runner beans almost ready in the polytunnel. I hope to post a photo tomorrow to show how they ate progressing.
 I saw the next door neighbour and he told me his runner beans were not growing. I said to him it was not just him, I rung my Brother-in Law up on Saturday, hoping to have a word with my Sister and he mentioned his runner beans were poor. Mine are also looking poor, those I have set outside. I had rung him up hoping to speak to my Sister because she informed me that ASDA was now doing eye tests and their glasses were cheaper than Spec-savers. Anyway she has made an appointment for me on Thursday July 9th. Let's hope all is well. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment