Tuesday 21 June 2016

Information

On Friday last week I went to Grantham to have my eyes tested, I also called to see my Sisters and when I looked at my Sister's garden I was surprised jut how forward everything was. My eldest Sister had even picked some broad beans. definitely far ahead of my produce here. Mt Brother-in-Law informed me that he had dug up a few new potatoes and given a taste to his Step Daughter, my Sister's lass. They have 3 young children so there had to be a reasonable amount of potatoes. His new potatoes in the garden are well in flower and his runner beans and climbing well up the canes and have plenty of flowers on them.
 They did let me know though that their water butts were full but they certainly had not the bitter cold winds that we have had over here.
 This morning I went to Lidl to get some food, as I approached the store I saw a large sign telling all that there was to be a new large store built on the site but as of now, no date has been announced.
 I have given it a lot of thought and if Aldi open in Skegness whilst Lidl is being demolished and rebuilt, I will call there instead of travelling to Louth to Lidl. It will be a lot nearer and also my mate informs me that they have better deals in the store. It is supposed to be open early 2017. We will have to wait and see.
 By the way although today has been one of the better days this summer on Sunday late afternoon it rained and yesterday it was once more horrible, we had almost 3/4 of an inch so once again my garden was standing in water in places. We keep our fingers crossed for better days. more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment