Thursday 30 June 2016

More rain

Yesterday as so many days this year was awful. Not only rain for much of the day but it was also cold for late June. We had well over 3/4" of rain.
 This morning was a lot brighter thank goodness as I had an appointment at the Surgery.
  My plan was after my appointment, go to get my Pension my T.V. paper then go to Lidl to do my shopping.
  I arrived at Lidl to see that it had closed due to the enlargement and improvements. I then had to go to the local Co-op. This is not as good because not only have they less choice but are considerably more expensive.
  This afternoon I was out the front and noticed next door neighbour's get back home. His wife had surgery last week and just had the stitches removed so she felt a lot better. I immediately informed them that Boris was not standing for the premiership and that Lidl was closed. They actually knew about it and I asked how they knew. She told me that it was word of mouth that they had heard and that the new store would not be open until April next year.
 I told them that Aldi was going to open in Skegness and I hoped that they would open sooner than later as it is not much further to go to Skegness than Mablethorpe about 5 miles I guess.
 What she did say was that she had heard that Lidl in Mablethorpe are going to run a bus to Lidl in Skegness. One thing is certain I will NOT be going by bus to Lidl in Skegness. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment