Wednesday 8 June 2016

Sand

The Bank Holiday for local Businessmen would have been poor, some couldn't even get their shops open on the sea front because of the sand drifts. The local radio stated that volunteers had removed a tremendous amount of sand in the Mablethorpe promenade area and  the Council would get it removed as soon as possible. The weather gradually improved towards the week end but the best day was Monday, yesterday it was nice with hazy sun but today it has been back to cooler weather with a lot of cloud off the sea.
 As for my garden, my broad beans have took the brunt of the winds with several being flattened but I will probably get a few meals off them.
  Monday I went for my usual 3 monthly blood test and yesterday I had a letter from the local Surgery requesting me to go for my annual Diabetes test. This annoyed me, firstly as I had only been there the day before and secondly I had the Diabetes check in March.
  This morning I decided to go to the Surgery to see what was wrong. The receptionist was very nice and I showed her my letter. She confirmed that it was for my Annual MOT. that is what they call it. I then asked her if she could check my records as I had the check in March. She initially looked at me as if I was telling stories as she informed me that it stated that I was due for check this month but on researching what I had informed her she found to her amazement that I was correct. She told me she was surprised but suggested that I make an appointment and she would make a note that I had already my blood tests and what the Nurse would do would check my Blood Pressure and my general well being. She then told me that the results for my March check was satisfactory and no further action was necessary at this time.
  She was good and suggested that we make this appointment for the end of June and she then gave me many options,  this is very rare and I decided to have an early morning appointment.
  Next week, actually on Friday I am supposed to go to ASDA in Grantham  for my eye test, so this week I have nothing on till then. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment