Thursday 16 June 2016

Respite

These last few days have been somewhat better for us here regarding rain for we have had a little but have thankfully missed those downpours.
 With the sort of weather we have had, the greenfly seem to thrive on it and my plum trees are once again infested with them.
 I don't know if I mentioned it but when we had all those gales Spring Bank Holiday week I noticed there were lots of moths around. Now the experts say the Diamond Moth, I think that it what it is called was blown over from the Continent and they attack the Brassicas by laying their eggs on the young plants. They say there is no insecticide to kill the caterpillars and they are trying to find one that will dispose of these pests, if not then they say the harvest will be decimated.
  Yesterday I went to have my haircut and was surprised to find that there was very few people around an the Barbers shop was empty. I remarked to her that I was surprised just how few cars were on the road and the lack of folks around, she concurred with me.
 Tomorrow I am off to Grantham to have my eyes tested, also I will visit my Sisters, the weather is supposed to be mainly dry so the journey shouldn't be too bad. I intend to leave home here before 7. 30. am. because my opticians appointment is for 9. 30. am. and I wish to call at Morrison's. Let us hope they have some fresh yeast in stock and if they have a fresh herring I will be very luck indeed. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment