Tuesday 23 August 2016

Extremes regarding weather

Over the week end it was very windy with gales, severe at times and of course played havoc with my runner beans. I did however get my washing dry with possibly the quickest time ever. It took less than 90 minutes to get all of my washing dry.
 Today was dreadfully hot, so much so that my plants in the polytunnel were showing signs of stress. I watered them this afternoon putting plenty of water on the leaves and when I looked an hour later they seemed to have improved with the water I gave them.
 I try to plan everything in advance but the best laid plans go awry.
  I planned to go to the Surgery to make an appointment to have my 3 monthly blood tests. This was a success. I then bought a few things from the local Spar Shop, milk in general, bought my weekly T.V. magazine then went back home. I had decided to then go to have my hair cut so off I went to Alford, I noticed that the free Car Park was nearly full and as I walked up to the market square I could see that there was a Market on, I realised that it was a Tuesday and it is held every Tuesday. I made my way to the Hairdressers only to find a note stating that the shop would not be open until 10.30.am. As it meant I would have to wait an hour I decided to go back home.
 On Monday I had used the 2 x 47 kgs. of LPG so I ordered 2 more but the operator informed me that they would be delivered on Wednesday so it all depends on when they call as to when I go for my hair cut. I have to be in as I pay cash and they will NEVER leave anything if money is not readily available.
 As the Hairdresser closes on Thursday it may be Friday before I manage to get my hair cut, still that is no great problem. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment