Thursday 25 August 2016

Visitor

Yesterday I did eventually get to the Hairdressers for my haircut. I had to wait until mid afternoon as the delivery of my LPG didn't get to me much before 2.00.pm.
 This morning I had a phone call, it was from a colleague from my Business days, he had the similar sort of Business to me and traded near to me. I retired many years ago and he retired several years later.
 His Wife told me she was having trouble walking and that she had a hip replacement about 7 years ago and told me that she should go to see the local G.P. I said that she should go as soon as possible for the G.P. would refer to to Louth Hospital and she would see a consultant with the expectations of an X.ray.
 Her Husband had also had trouble with a growth on his bladder but all now seemed well. We discussed gardening and we both agreed that this year had been a most difficult year. He also told me that his tomatoes had not been good. When I showed him mine he was surprised at the yield I was getting.
 They left for home just before Noon so I prepared to cook my dinner. Earlier I had made a couple of lots of bread rolls, the lad from next door getting me some fresh yeast from Morrison's.
 yesterday and today we have had some rain, not a lot although the forecast is for heavy showers for tonight. We will see.
 This week end sees the late Summer Bank Holiday so  I expect the weather to be so so. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment