Tuesday 9 August 2016

Typical hot


It was typical weather on Saturday when I tried to do some concreting. It was far too hot for me, it would have been had I nothing to do. The lad from next door came round but to be honest was not a great help, in fact it made it more difficult for me because I had to feed him but he is a nice lad.
I started to work soon after 9.00.am and finally finished what I would call a mess a little after 11.30.am and by the time I managed to get my dinner with the lad it was about 1.00.pm which is late for me. Soon after 2.00.pm he left and to be honest I dozed off for much of the afternoon, in fact the next day I did nothing but doze off for most of the day.
I saw the guy from next door and he told me his potatoes were the same as mine. He commented that there had been too much rain and he was disappointed but as I said there's nothing we could do.
I am getting plenty of runner beans as you can see in the photos, the other one shows a painted lady on the echinacea. They are Summer visitors generally from France and depending on the wind some years we hardly see any but this year are plentiful. In general butterflies are not as plentiful as normal. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment