Friday 5 August 2016

Some good, some bad



The first photo shows how my main crop of potatoes fared, they were sown in early May and as you can see many were affected with the dreadful weather we had here and quite a lot rotted in the ground and of course many were also damaged by slugs(eel worms). I have managed to get about 28 lbs. in all so can't grumble really.
 The second shows the second marrow I have had, I gave my mate the first one and there are several others that are growing nicely. That one weighed just under 4 lbs.
 The third photo must be enlarged to notice that there is a painted lady butterfly on the lavender. Incidentally just about the best lavender that I have in my garden, the vast majority have succomed to the soggy garden. The painted lady is not as common as some variety of butterflies as they generally stay on the Continent but these last few days there have been quite a few in my garden, however they are very timid and the first sign of movement I make they up and fly away.
 Tomorrow I will try, with the help of the lad next door attempt to improve the floor in my garage. It has deteriorated over the years mainly because the builder made the mixture too weak and it is crumbling. So that is tomorrow sorted out. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment