Thursday 18 August 2016

Harvest


The Farmer decided to harvest his wheat yesterday and the dust was horrendous and with the wind blowing from the East it blew a lot of dusty bits directly on our properties.
 I saw the fella from next door and we discussed the mess, I suggested that he does it on purpose because the last 2 years he has harvested when the wind was from the East. He suggested that he certainly did it on purpose. Anyway I spent a lot of time clearing the mess from my white plastic window sills and ledges. Still that hopefully will be that until next year, unless he waits for a dry time with the wind once more from  the East when he decides to harrow the field.
 the first photo shows the marrow plants, they are the best I have grown and the one furthest away from the camera I have had 8 marrows off it the second however has produced only 1 but hopefully I will get another a little later in the Autumn.
 The second photo shows my runner beans, well some of them anyway. I decided last week to give them an awful lot of water as the weather was warm, this has produced plenty of beans, in fact this morning I picked well over 1.5lbs and this afternoon made the total for the day well over 2.lbs. In new money over 500 grammes. As me neighbour said to me they all seem to come at once which is generally true but not for runner beans as they are the best value for money anyone can say because they produce over quite a long period if looked after.
 The weather over the coming week end is not good, rain but more important gales, the runner beans don'y like the strong winds so we shall see what happens. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment