Thursday 22 June 2017

Coffee

The other day I gave next door a cauliflower and she did say that when I next went round, which is rarely, she would give me a coffee.
 The lad had told me a few days ago that he was to get another chair and when it came he would ask me round to see it so this morning he stopped to see me and told me he would call round later to show me his chair.
 This afternoon he duly called, I first took him to eat a few strawberries, most have now finished, also a few raspberries. I do not have many but they are lovely. We then went to look at the greenhouse where I asked him if he would like a few remaining radish which he told me he would. He looked at the progress of the grapes I then told him I would take a cucumber off to give to his carer. When we went back to the kitchen I asked him if he would like a tomato which I had bought from Morrison's to which he replied he would like a tomato. I also gave him a few slices of cucumber and put them in a bag for him so that he could take them to work in the morning.
 It was then off to his place to look at his garden first. He told me he had done for the first time some weeding which I praised him. He had watered his garden well and when we went in the greenhouse this too had been watered well. His tomatoes and cabbage look fine. He had also told me his broad beans were about ready, I naturally told him that I didn't think they would be ready yet but when I looked I told him that they would be ready within a week.
 His carer was fetching the washing in so I told her that I had a cucumber for her, she told me that she would give me a special coffee a little later.
 Then it was off to his bedroom where the chair was. It is a large chair with a thing that lifts up so that you can have your legs up. Also it is so comfortable. I was allowed to sit in the chair and indeed it was very comfy. He showed he his sound bar and his T.V. but soon it was time for us to go to the kitchen where the carer had made me a special coffee. I would have prefered the lad to make me an ordinary coffee which he had but I was given this coffee. To be honest it would not bother me if I never had another special coffee again.
 Her young Grandson was there, I guess he is about 5 or 6 but was very talkative. It is a few years since I last had seen him. He certainly is very a confident young lad.
 I stopped there for about 30 minutes and then it was time for me to leave and get back home but not before the carer told me the cauliflower that I gave her was very nice. It should have been nice for it had been grown in the polytunnel with no insecticides at all.
 Yesterday I had gone to Grantham to have my eyes tested, I also called to see my Sisters but my eldest Sister didn't call but it was nice to see my youngest Sister and her Husband. The first thing her Husband asked me to tell him what a plant was. As soon as I saw it I told him that it was almost certainly an Oil Seed Rape plant, they do spread but at first glance they look like a cabbage or broccoli seedlings. Incidentally i had given him 3 broccoli plants to grow on. He told me that as soon I  had gone the plant would be pulled up.
 After a coffee and a chat for about 45 minutes it was off to ASDA to have my eyes tested. I got there early because they do other tests before the Opthalmist begins his test. The lady who tested me was very b nice and I told her that I would most likely need another new pair of glasses. She suggested that I peruse their range so I asked her to show me, with this she took me to the range that looked as near to the pair I was wearing and picked up a pair and as soon as I put them on she told me they looked good and suggested that I look in the mirror which I must admit they looked fine. I asked he to save them for me and she told me the price was £80 but if I wished I could have 2 pairs for about £110 but she added that I would probably not need 2 pairs. She put them aside and told me to wait for the Opthalmist to call me.
I guess I had to wait for about 10 minutes. He was a pleasant guy who gave me a thorough examination which he then confirmed that my eyes had deteriorated slightly and a new pair of spectacles was needed. I informed him that I had already selected a new pair. He told me that I was on the ball.
 Out we went into the main area and soon the lady who had tested me asked me to come to the fitting area. She went to mark where the reading section of the varifocal was needed and asked me how I would like to pay, I naturally paid by cash and then she told me that they would be ready in 7 to 10 days. She then asked me if she could give me a hug and told me she had thoroughly enjoyed her time with me. I wonder what some of the people who are having eye tests are like.
 With that I left to go home, it was a tiring day. Incidentally I had called at Morrison's to see if they had any herring, no such joy so I bought a small piece of smoked haddock, just under £3. To think it was a very cheap meal many years ago. it was nice all the same. More soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment