Friday 2 June 2017

Busy yesterday

Yesterday morning I rinsed out a couple of light weight summer shirts, then had my breakfast. As soon as I had finised I the made some pastry by hand to make a steak pie which I fancied for my dinner. Not that I would eat it all in one go in fact it would last me at least 5 times. While that pastry was resting I started to prepare my dinner getting the new potatoes scraped. I then decided to make my pie. As soon as I had made it I then weighed out my bread mix. I now have found out just how to use dry yeast and started to make a batch of bread rolls. This of course takes time. I use my Kewood Major mixer with the dough hook on and leave it mixing for about 20 minutes. I then take the dough out of the mixer, let it rest for a little, while I clean the mixer. I proceed to weigh the rolls out and mould them. I prepare a baking sheet, with greasing the base so they do not stick. I then pin the rolls, place them on the tray and put them in a home made proving cabinet. I then went out and watered the greenhouse and polytunnel. Then it was back to see if the rolls were ready to bake in a pe-heated oven. Not quite so I had to wait another 10 minutes or so before I put them in the oven for between 20 and 25 minutes.  As soon as they were done I put them on a rack to cool, the time was marching on because I had an appointment at the Surgery for a blood test.
 I managed to get a shower and shave before it was time to go. My appointment was for 10.55.am. I managed to get there about 5 minutes early, had my blood test came back, finished preparing my dinner(lunch to posh folks) then it was soon time for me to cook my ipe together with my vegetables.
 While I was having my dinner I heard to postman drop some mail in my door but I fogot to look at it until 2.00.pm. One was the cheque for my Solar, I was just under £50 less than the corresponding quarter for last year. I did tell my mate I was about 100 kilowatts down on last year but I don't think he believed me. Anyway off I went to the Bank to put the cheque in. There were a couple of folks ahead of me but I think they were businessmen for they took an age, there is only 2 counters there but only 1 is generally in operation.
 While I was waiting a young fella came and stood behind me but after 5 or so minutes decided to use an automated deposit which tkaes cash and cheques. I have no idea how it works so didn't even look but I noticed the lad trying to smooth out £10 notes. It is obvious that the first thing you have to do is insert your card which I never carry on me but the young fella had. After watching him for about 5 minutes struggling I went to him and suggested that he iron the note flat, he grinned and told me he was having difficulty working the machine. I then saw him withdraw his card, insert it again and try to get the machine to work.
 Eventually it was me to be served, I told the lass on the counter that my transaction was simple. She looked at me and told me she was pleased because it had been hectic. When I had one I saw the fella behind me but he saw the Manageress and informed he that the machine was not working properly. I didn't know the outcome for I left to go home. It had been a busy day for me. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment