Tuesday 6 June 2017

Supermarket

Yesterday I went to the local Supermarket early as the forecast today was not good, in fact it said that later on yesterday would be poor too but it wasn't that bad.
 Arriving soon after 8.30.am. the place was not busy at all. I went and bought what I needed and hurried to the check out. Not that I needed to hurry as there was only one checkout open and there were a few queuing.
 A gentleman stood behind me so I got talking to him. The first thing we discussed was the weather and the rain that should begin later that morning but I told him that the rain would not be there and when it came it would be fragmented, which indee it was.
 I then told him that this was typical for it was so easy to get in but not so easy to get out of the shop. He then pointed to an automated check out and told me he tried it once but when he asked for assistance the assistant was rude to him so he told me he would never use it again. I then told him about Aldi in Louth, I had to go to Hospital so called in the Supermarket there and let him know that the service was fantastic, also the parking for cars was so wide about the same width as a disabled parking bay. He then told me that when LIdl was closed for refurbishment some of his colleagues went to Louth and informed him that they would not be calling at Mablethorpe again.
 Eventually we moved up fot the young lad on the checkout was having a bit of trouble, mind you we two didn't mind because we were passing the time by chatting away.
 Eventually it was my turn, I remarked that he was having a trying time of it but we would not use the automated checkout. He then remarked he was worried because he thought the machines would eventually be installed throughout the store and he would be out of a job. We both said in unison if that happened we would not be calling again. He smiled and seemed assured.
 This morning I rose early and went out to check just how much rain we had overnight. I found that the water butt was only just 1/2 full and at that time it was dry.
 eventually around Noon it started to rain and as of now early evening it is still raining so at least I will have sufficient water in my butts to see me through for some time. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment