Tuesday 17 October 2017

A So So few days

On Friday morning I rung British Gas to make am appointment to have my LPG boiler serviced.
 What a palaver, when I managed to get through the guy tried to get in to the system but try as much as he could he had no joy. I was kept in the dark for some time and I kept asking him if he was still there but he just confirmed and told me he was still trying. Eventually after some 15 minutes he asked me if I could be put on hold which I agreed. Another 10 or so minutes passed then he came back on only to inform me that he had no joy and would take my phone number so that he could ring me back at 4.00.pm. Needless to say no phone call was made.
 I had planned to go to have my haircut on Monday early so off I went to arrive at the Barbers shop just after 9.00.am. only to find it closed so I went into the cafe next door to have a coffee, off I went to the counter and was asked if I wanted a milky coffee which I said yes, I was then requested tio sit down. Soon after a coffee arrived and I asked how much it was and was told £1.60.p which I duly paid. It was a sort of froffy coffee but although it was piping hot was too strong for me personally but I did manage to drink it. Anyway ir was off next door to the Barbers only to find it still closed so I decided to go back home but on walking back I noticed another Barbers shop with the lady sitting down. I walked in and told her I had been to the other Barbers but she was not open. She told me she was pleased that I had given her the chance to cut my hair.
 In all honesty she cut my hair as near to how I wished it to be far better than I have had it cut for these last 10 years or so. When I came to pay she told me it was £4 but I gave her exactly the same as I would have paid at the old Barbers and told her that I would certainly be back. She then gave me her card with the opening times and I made my way home.
 I decided to call British Gas once more. To be honest it was not a whole lot better but I did manage to get an appointment for a service. For a start the lad told me that they had problems logging into the system. Believe it or not I was once more put on hold but not for that long. I let him know that I was not happy with the service and he asked me if that was a formal complaint but I told him it was not but it must be noted which he did. Eventually he gave me a date. Monday 21st. of November. I told him I would consult my diary for  I had several appointments. Immediately noticed and let him know that Tuesday was the 21st. of November and Monday was the 20th. He corrected himself and confirmed that the service would in fact be on the Monday between 8.00.am. and 1.00.pm. I reluctantly agreed but I though to myself. I am paying £132 for level 1 and have to wait well over a month for a service. I doubt very much if I will be renewing my contract next year. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment