Tuesday 31 October 2017

Sorted eventually

Just as it was getting dark I went out into the kitchen/ diner and noticed that my electronic ignition was flashing so I went to feel the radiators and found then coolish so I turned the thermostat up but nothing happened.
 Early Friday morning I decided to ring up British Gas as I am on Level 1. This includes a free service but if anything happens to the boiler or thermostat I have to pay £60 but no more.
 Anyway after about 25 minutes the young lass told me that someone would be calling between 9.00.am and 1.00.pm. so I waited. the time lapsed and nobody called so just before 2.00,pm. I rung up again but I had to wait for about 10 minutes. I told the young Lady that I wished to be put through to a Manager and explained what had happened but she then told me that it would be best if she dealt with the situation. To be honest she did a great job because after a few minutes promised me that somebody would be with me today.
 About 3.30.pm. the telephone rang it was the engineer informing me that he would be at mine within 30 minutes. Soon after 4.00.pm. he arrived. He told me he would do the service at the same time. He noticed the fault but when he tried to locate it the boiler decided to fire up so he had to check all to see if he could find the fault. About 5.00.pm he told me he had not the time for any further investigation but told me he would contact his colleague who would be here on Saturday. True to form he arrived early Saturday morning and proceed to investigate further  and eventually told me that it would probably need a new fan so he proceed to dismantle the machine which was not easy. After a further 20 minutes or so finally had the fan out but when he went to his vehicle noticed he had not the replacement fan because my boiler was rather new. He then got in touch with Worcester to check what fan he needed, they concurred so he ordered the replacement fan but told me he would have to come back on Monday to fit it. He reassembled the boiler which was working well and left  before 10.30.am.
 The lad came round and I told him I have been busy with the engineer but had got the dinner more or less ready. We had planned to get the tree grease on the dozen fruit trees. He is a lot more nimble than I am and got on his hands and knees to do the job, at least it was not cold and t was also dry.
 After a port and lemon which he loves we then went out and dug a load of young strawberry plants, 36 in all. We then went round his garden painted his tree with the tree grease and while he was getting his watering can full I raked the garden nice and level. I then showed him where to put the plants, I then set them and he then watered them in. I told him that there was nothing more to do with them until next Spring.
 We then went back to mine, he played on the Computer whilst I prepared dinner. To be honst I was feeling rather tired because I had been up and down Friday and had been on my feet all of the morning.
 After dinner he told me he would go home and download some games, to be honest I was pleased because I felt tired. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment