Thursday 26 October 2017

To continue.

The lad from next door came home with another parcel, it contained a pair of heavy boots and another pair of trousers. He told me he was pleased with the boots but yesterday I had no intention of seeing him but I was outside when the bus dropped him off. He called me to say he had a poorly toe, his boots were not as good a fit as he had hoped. I told him that they needed bedding in and he agreed.
 My mate from Skegness has been  a less than regular visitor this year. He came to see me on May 17th. and the next time was on September 13th. Why you may ask the gap but it was because he will only visit me on a Wednesday and it clashed with both his and my appointments and he will not visit me during the School Holidays because the traffic at Butlins is at times chaotic.
 I wanted him to come to see me about a vinyl flooring I wished to have down in my dining, kitchen  part but all he kept saying over the phone was the best thing was floor tiles. He, of course has them fitted but only because he managed to get a load FREE. I told him I was not interested in fitted tiles. Anyway he eventually came to see me, I had put off the quoting of a vinyl floor because I wished to give him the opportunity of doing to job himself. So when he came I told him what I wished, he suggested something that I didn't quite agree with but then he told me he didn't think he could do the job because his knees were playing up. He had complained a few times about the difficulty of getting up after being kneeling on the floor. I then made him promise that e must see a Doctor for he could possibly be in a wheelchair within the next 10 years. He did promise me that he would go and see a doctor, I then told him that his knees must be bad for it was the first time he had told me he could not do a job.
 After he had left I went straight to the shop in Alford and arranged for a survey which happened the next day. The young Man told me that the shop would contact me the next day(Friday) with a price. Unfortunately my telephone was faulty for that and the following day but the shop rung me on Monday and the job was completed by Friday the same week.
 I wished to get the work done well before the colder weather arrived. Anyway I then decided to buy a Roberts Radio that is solar, electric and DAB. We had talked over the phone but I decided to wait for him to visit me and set it up. However the other week when I rung up there was on the answerphone on but a couple of days later I had an e-mail informing me that he was not well at all.
 Last Saturday I rung up to get no reply but about an hour later the phone rang, it was my mate, he sounded rough so I did not wish him to be on the phone too long, his Partner was there looking after him so we only had less than 10 minutes chat. On hanging up I then decided that he would not be here for at least 2 or 3 weeks so I decided to set the Roberts Radio up myself which I did very easily.
 The lad will, hopefully be here on Saturday so that he can put tree grease on my fruit trees also his Pear tree and then we hope to go and plant some strawberry plants in his little garden which he had dug, he came round to show me what he had done so I told him we would take my easy to use rake and smooth the ground before we set the strawberry plants. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment