Thursday 12 October 2017

Solar Radio

A couple of days aga I ordered a Roberts Solar DAB plus mains radio. Today it came and I read the instructions and read that it recommended Nicab batteries which were supplied. It also stated that to charge plug into the mains but it would take about 7 hours to charge. I was surprised to see that it had been fully charged within the hour so tomorrow I will see if I can get it to work.
 I must admit that the cucumber plant has been a headache, so much so that I gave my mate the remaining seeds for I have had well over 30 cucumbers off the one plant. This morning I went into the greenhouse and saw that I have one more ready although it is a bit curly, another will be ready within a couple of days that is straight and about 14" long, a further small cucumber is about 6", I don't know whether I have an unusual plant or if this is a norm for Burpless Cucumber.
 I am still picking a few runner beans but I don't think I will attain my goal of eating runner beans into November as there are a few left on the plants. However I have done well with my climbing french beans. I set the seeds late July and wondered if I would get any at all but today I picked enough for another 3 meals and there are quite a few beans still forming.
 A couple of days ago I dug up the marrow, I did have a small one forming but with the recent cold weather it just dropped off the plant but I managed to use it as a courgette. All in all I have done fair with marrows although the season started late but I do have one marrow left which I will start eating at the week end. The biggest disappointment is my leeks, without fail all have bolted and gone to seed. The only thing I can think of is the weather for I have used the same seeds for years, Musselburgh.
 The lad e-mailed me yesterday and asked me to look at his tomato plants but as I had watered them on Monday I told him they would last. He said he would see me on Friday, if he comes round there will be a few alpine strawberries for him and one or two raspberries those of the late variety. Today we have seen some sun unlike the last few days, it has been dull and just a little rain but the ground is wet enough anyway. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment