Tuesday 7 November 2017

Double Wammy

Yesterday late afternoon I ran out of the first 2 bottles of LPG so this morning I rung up to order 2 more. I already knew there was a price increase and when she told me how much I was a little disappointed but she told me that I had a good deal as some customers were being charged at least £5 more a bottle. She then added that from the next delivery there was going to be a delivery charge. She explained that this was because of the diesel costs had increased and labour costs too had increased. So what that means is that I will wait until I am on the last bottle of LPG then I will order 3 instead of just 2. Not that it stopped there.
 Later this morning I saw the Postman friend and we passed pleasantries asking me where I was yesterday for I had ordered some Winter tree wash and as I was not in he had left it in the dustbin at the side. I told him I was in the polytunnel doing a few jobs there. He gave me my mail which included junk mail but one important letter was my renewal for my Motor Insurance.
 I had already been Online checking up the premium and an increase of approaching 20% was given by most providers.
 When I checked the price offered for the next 12 months I was very disappointed for the increase was over 30%. I decided to go Online and ring Direct Line, they came up with the best offer including a no claims protection  about £60 less than my current Insurer and that was without any protection. Had I decide to go without no claims protection the savings would have been over 30%.
 Anyway I rung them up to inform them that I would not be renewing my Motor Insurance and added that I was not happy for I had been with them for several years and loyalty meant nothing for they had increased my premium by more than 30%. The guy on the other end then informed me that he would do his calculations to see if he could reduce the premium. He eventually came back with an offer which reduced the cost by just over £30  but it was still more than I have been quoted and also he let me know it didn't include the no claims protection.
 He realised that I was not going to continue paying with the Company, he apologised for the hike in price, told me that within a week or so I would get confirmation of  my decision not to renew my policy with them, so that is that. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment