Tuesday 16 January 2018

Delivery

After the lad asking me several times if the Vine had arrived and had to tell him not yet yesterday morning I went to the site and read what it said. It told me to click on the delivery slot and include my delivery number which I had to go to my mailbox and look up.
 Finding that I inserted the number and clicked on the delivery status. All it told me was there was nothing to report with the delivery.
 I had just finished my main meal, I guess it was around 1.30.pm. when the door bell rang also a knocking on the front door. When I opened it I was surprised to see the delivery man with my Grapevine in a secure box of at least 5 feet high. I signed for the goods and opened the cardboard package, sure enough it was the Vine I had ordered but I wondered why they hadn't given me prior warning that the delivery would be that day. Anyway I took the Vine out and it was in a large pot, I immediately took it up to the greenhouse and gave it a water. I will not be planting it out just yet as the garden is saturated with many areas standing in water.
 Earlier I had a walk up the garden in between the prolonged heavy showers and noticed with the recent gales and strong winds the leaves had been shoved to make a couple of large piles. I decided to pick them up and put them in a bin liner, I managed to get the liner well over half full so when the ground eventually dries out a little I will dig them in the ground where I put the runner beans.
 I also set the last of  The Sutton Broad Beans in pots, I have selected them because the last 2 years my Green Windsor  Broad Beans have been severely damaged by the high winds. The Sutton are a dwarf variety so should not be affected by the strong winds we seem to get.
 Will probably to the washing tomorrow as the forecast is for a little sun and a stiff breeze, I hope that I can get them dried outside as they are fresher that way. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment