Tuesday 2 January 2018

New Year

I wish all those who care to read my blog A Happy and Healthy New Year.
 Mind you the last week or so of the last year has not been great. A few days before Christmas my Microwave suddenly refused to work but I managed to order and get another one within a couple of days.
 The lad came to see me on Sunday letting me know he had slung a piece of wood over the fence. He had got up and the rest of them were still in bed so he had a shower and came to see me.
 I showed him the Broad Beans all but one had grown so I told him we would put them in the polytunnel, so off we went to the polytunnel but when I went in I noticed the broad beans that I had set had been attacked by mice some of them had been chewed and broken so naturally I was disappointed. I then told him we would take them to the greenhouse which I did.
 He had asked me to look at one of his model cars because he wanted me to take the tow bar off one of the cars and put it on another. I did remind him of this and he told me he would go and fetch the cars. To be honest my eyesight is not good and to see the small screws on the tiny tow bar was difficult. Eventually I did manage to take the old screw out but it was almost smooth with nothing to put a screwdriver in. Off we went to the garage to look in a tin that had screws ans nails. I did find one but it was just a little too large. I could see he was disappointed so I told him that this idea was the last resort. I went and found a 13 amp plug, to be honest hardly anyone saves them because all appliances come fitted with a 13 amp plug. Anyway I found one and got the small screw that holds the wiring and luckily enough although it was not great it just did the job so he was happy.
 He then told me he would probably have a sandwich for his dinner. We then went out and got the wood and he sawed it to the lengths I wished. By the time we had done it was getting on for Noon so I asked him if he would like some soup and a roll. He then went with me to select the soup he wished, chicken as it happened but on starting the soup I asked him if he would like to have dinner with me which he said he would but would tell his Carer he was stopping for dinner. He was gone a short time but when he came back he had bought his slippers and took his top off and put them with his trainers in the bedroom. I had done enough potatoes for 2 days mainly because they were large and I had done minced beef with onion and carrots. I had done some swede and cabbage so I got him to get out some peas out of the freezer so with a chicken soup he had a good dinner. I did manage to get him a sort of pudding which I have that is a piece of slab cake with stewed plums which he enjoyed.
 Whilst I was washing the pots and clearing up I showed him how to use the Microwave so that he made the coffee which pleased him a lot.
 He then went on the Computer and showed me what he was after, a new alarm clock with the latest gadget of being able to shine on the ceiling so that he could tell the time while he was lying in bed.Eventually around 2 .25.pm. I suggested he should go back because she would begin to wonder where he was. He did tell me before he went a couple of things. Firstly he had been swimming and secondly he would not be going to work until Friday. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment