Wednesday 31 January 2018

Dementia

Yesterday I had a busy day so could not get to write Online so this morning I am making an effort.
 Firstly I did go to the Surgery on Friday, mainly to be honest to see what had happened to one of my prescriptions which had not been delivered with the other 7, that is correct I am now on 8 different medications. I did ask the Doctor but she informed me that it was keeping me alive and incidentally it was a good mix of medications.
 So I went to book in on Friday and asked the Receptionist about my medications. I then told her that on leaving the Doctor's consulting room with my revised prescriptions I went to the Receptionist and asked her if she could tick the boxes for me. As anyone here knows that if you fail to tick the boxes you do not receive the prescribed drugs. She gladly told me she would do that for me and first she told me that she would rip the half that was not needed then she told me she would staple the prescriptions together and picked up the stapler only to find no staples were in the stapler. Not to be daunted she told  me she would pin them together with a paper clip and added that she would personally take them round to the Pharmacy department. I thanked her and left. The Receptionist then informed me that she knew nothing of the way prescriptions were given but added that she was sure that if when I had finished with the Nurse I could wait until the Pharmacy opened and the problem would be solved.
 I want to see the Nurse and she informed me among other things that further appointments would be made until the end of April at least. When she had finished with me she indeed made a further appointment for towards the end of February. By the time she had finished all the tests it was 2.10.pm. I had been in her Consulting room for well over 20 minutes.
 I made my way to the Pharmacy and the Lady there stopped me before I had hardly begun asking me for my name and address. I wondered if I was going to make much progress but when I began to explain all that had happened she was very interested and helpful. She did say to me after I had explained all  that she would first check the Computer records and concurred that the repeat prescriptions had indeed included the new prescription. I then showed her my repeat prescription which I had bought down with me.
 She then told me she would check her boxes with no joy. Eventually she let me know she was going to ring the local Chemist which delivered my prescriptions to me. I heard her say to the answer that had given her that it was strang adding that if they had any in stock could they arrange for me to pick it up.
 After putting the receiver down she told me that the prescription had disappeared in the ether and if I could take a walk to the Chemist they would have the prescription ready and waiting for me.
 Naturally I thanked her very much for the service she had given me and went round and did receive my prescribed medication.
Not good news on the Dementia department regarding my younger Sister. More will be said with my next blog. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment