Thursday 25 January 2018

Spectacles

The other day I decided to go Online to check the prices of glasses on the NHS prescription.
 I went on several sites and noticed that most of them stated the frame price started at £15. I checked them out but the frames were not good enough for what I required.
 Incidentally I checked Online because the cost showed I could save well over £50  but, there is always a but. The frames I eventually liked were somewhat more expensive. The cheapest ones I could put up with was around £30. Anyway I clicked on and immediately noticed that this price was for single lens only and a minimum of £40 extra was charged for varifocals. There were also add ons which bought the total  to around £75. This was for the frames that I had selected because of their price. The ones I liked were over £50. The grand total would have been more or less the same as the Opticians(ASDA) that I had bought them from.
 Needless to say I didn't proceed any further although I did go to other sites and most of them were more expensive. needless to say with distance or reading glasses the price would be acceptable but with what I have it is not worth pursuing further.
 This morning I had another telephone call from the surgery asking me if I agreed to make an appointment. Naturally I told her that I was, suddenly she asked me if I could get there tomorrow as there had been a cancellation. So it is off to the surgery tomorrow early afternoon.
 I can not grumble for they certainly have me on their Radar. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment