Monday 24 September 2012

Back online?

Well, I am here but to be honest I don't know how long I will be here.
 Several days ago I had next to no broadband power at all. I rung up the technical department and this nice young lady had to seek another guy who reset the system for me. They thought this would cure the problem. Unfortunately it didn't.
 The next morning I once again rung them up. I must say this, all of the people in the technical department are so nice and helpful. This guy told me he had to go and do some investigation as to what had happened. After several minutes he came back with the news that there was noise on my line, more than would be expected and that they would have to go back and start from the beginning once again. He told me that this would take time and it would take up to 10 days before I would be back to my normal speed. Hopefully. But I would see some appreciable improvement within about 3 days.
 Yesterday morning I tried the internet and sure enough it was good. This morning I went online again to see if t was still good. No it wasn't at all, in fact it was worse. I tried to go online to test my broadband speed but when I tried, it told me that the test had to be aborted because of lack of data. I just thought I had gone back to the start again. I did try late this afternoon and it was great and to be candid, it seems to be working well this evening. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
 By the way, the last e-mail to me from them had an increase in my broadband and telephone. It is a year since I joined them and to be honest as I am very limited as to which provider I could get was not on a good deal at all. It was costing me around £24 a month for broadband and telephone. The latest bill is for almost £29.
 My Postman, this morning bought me some mail with it was a circular from B.T offering me a better deal than I am on at the moment. This is surprising as I am with a subsidery of B.T. I will have to get in touch with them because I don't wish to leave them as every time I have had to contact them, almost every time the technical department, they have been great.
 Let's hope that I am now more or less back to normality with my broadband. I wondered if the adverse weather had affected my broadband, but I don't think so. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment