Monday 3 September 2012

Becoming forgetful

The other day I put some plums on to cook then I went out in the front driveway to pull up a few weeds. This took longer than I thought and completely forgot about my plums cooking. As soon as I entered the house I could smell burning fruit. The saucepan was in an awful mess. I have spent many days trying to get the carbon removed but so far with limited success.
  This morning I used a stainless steel pan to cook once again some plums. Only enough for me for my meal. I turned them low and completely forgot about them. This time I had to go to the Surgery for a blood test and also a B.P. check. This was a little high, would have been much higher if I had remembered I had left the plums cooking. When I got back home, once again the burnt smell met me. The stainless steel pan was in an awful mess. Funilly enough though it seems to be a lot easier to clean carbonised fruit off a stainless steel pan. Yes it is not perfectly clean but is useable.
 A little later I went to have my haircut and he told me he was moving premises to what he hopes is a busier position. He will be opposite the Co-op supermarket and next door to a newsagent so he should do more business I hope.
 I then went to the Butchers and bought some more liver, a pork pie and I asked if he would bone and roll some loin of pork, this he did and cut them into 3 joints. I just had 3 slices of ham and that was the lot.
 I called to see the guy who lent me a DVD about travel from King's Cross to York, it did show a lot of where I was at Grantham, so much so that I watched it 4 times. We would have talked for much longer but a delivery man asked him where he could drop something off. I left the two sorting things out.
 Next door, the one with the chickens told me she had been to my neighbours on the other side to complain about the bonfire he had. Mind you, the smoke was dreadful and when I went into my greenhouse the smell of bonfire smoke was powerful.
 Unfortunately for her, she was cutting the field and had washing hanging on the line. I did tell her that the other week, I too had some washing out but was lucky for I saw the smoke in time. I did mention it to her that they had washing out too but they didn't fetch it in.
Finally I have been in touch with Sky. They offer to Sky subscribers a discount on the broadband and telephone. Not for me though as I am not in their area. I have told them that I will now cancel my subscription on principle. It costs me almost £60 a month with another £8+ for H.D. box protection. That is if anything goes wrong with your equipment from Sky, it is automatically repaied free of charge. The trouble is that as in most businesses it costs you about £5 in telephone costs. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment