Monday 10 September 2012

Broadband problems

I have tried to see what ISP providers could offer me so I went first to Uswitch.com. There they told me I could have lots of choices with plenty of offers. Wrong. They told me things that it was not possible for providers to give me.
 I did write and ask them to update their web pages because they were displaying incorrect information. Needless to say they never replied to me.
 I did try to get Talk  Talk also Sky plus Primus.
 I must say this Talk Talk did contact me the next day. The conversation went something like this.
Talk Talk. "Am I speakin to Mr ****"
Me "Yes that is correct."
Talk Talk."This is Michael from Talk Talk, can you give me your telephone number?"
Me "It is the one you have just called me on" Laughing he then asked me for my post code.
 I duly gave it to him. He then informed  me that I had visited his site. I then said I had but there was nothing for me there.
 Talk Talk. "Just a minute I will check your line," a pause, It looks as if we can't supply you but if you will wait a minute I will check to see if it is possible to put a line to your place."
 After less than a minute he came back.
Talk Talk. "I am sorry but it is not possible so therefore we can not offer you a service to your home. I am sorry for wasting your time"
Me." Don't apologise my friend, you have tried to help me but unfortunately I am in a very rural place and to be honest I don't expect to see any improvement in the next 3 years".
 I thanked him for contacting me and he rung off.
 Next was Sky. They have a special offer to Sky subscribers which was something like £3.55 per month plus phoneline.
 I put my post code in and immediately Sky informed me that the special offer was not available in  my area but the good news was that they could offer me a package at £31,50 a month.
 I was disgusted so I went on to their chat line. I was put in touch with a guy called Sandeep .All you could get from him was that he was sorry but the offer was not available in my area. I told him straight that I had been a Sky customer for many years he told me it was more than 20 years. I then told him that with the package I am on and the price they offered me was nearly 25% of my weekly State Pension would go to Sky and this was not acceptable to me. I then asked him to give me the address of SKy so that I could write and inform them that I was cancelling my contract. All he offered me was their phone line. I told him that I had no intention of ringing them just to be put on hold for about 20 minutes. Their lines are NOT freephone at all.
 Finally I found this Primus. I went and filled the application form up and I had an e-mail confirming that my order was being processed and I was given  an order number.
 A couple of days later I had another e-mail from them informing me that unfortunately they could not supply the package to me but if I wished to contact them they would see what they could do.
 I did telephone them, it wa a freephone number. The man on the other end told me that after checking all, he could not offer me anything at all as I was on IP stream, this I have found out is controlled by B.T. and Primus do not use it at all. He did say that more than likely, there would only be B.T and Plus Net that could supply me. How sad.
 Finally for now, I went to Grantham on Friday because there was a planned power cut on Friday morning. I noticed that fuel here was 1.46.9p per litre. At ASDA in Grantham the price was 1.40.7 pence a litre more than 6p a litre. A huge saving but those living in that area were complaing about the price. They should live in the country, perhaps they would realise just how fortunate they are. Natural gas, cheaper fuel and a choice of Internet Broadband Providers. 
  By the way, I have posted my cancellation to Sky of my subscription. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment