Monday 17 September 2012

Normality reigns

Well I say normality reigns but to be honest the speed I have regarding broadband is not fit for purpose. Heaven alone knows if I will be able to post this blog, only time will tell.
 These last few days have been rather busy for me. On Wednesday last week I had to prepare for an internal inspection on Thursday.
 Thursday arrived and all went according to plan. I was surprised at one of the questions the Nurse asked me. She wanted to know if I had at any time major surgery. I told her I had not, she then mentioned gall bladder removal. I told her that I had my gall bladder removed but surely this was routine surgery and not major surgery. She told me it was a serious operation. I left it at that.
 After asking several more questions she then told me that we would get prepared for the procedure. She told me that as I had this procedure several times before I knew what was going to happen. I then had  my blood pressure taken. I told her that it would be high, sure enough it was. Far too high for my liking but she told me that it would come down. The last thing I had before my Consultant came to see me was to have my B/S tested. I told her that I guessed it would be around 6. She told me she would guess at 5.8. It was actually 4.8 so very good indeed.
 I told her that I had bought a few boiled sweets and had bought with me a teacake to eat after the procedure. That would be the first thing to eat in 24 hours. She told me that she would get me a cup of tea, I told her I wished to have coffee. No problem at all. It was beautiful. I could tell it was made with semi skimmed milk. I only use skimmed it tasted so creamy to me. She also told me she would bring me a glass of water so that I could take my medication
 My mate got me home around 5.30pm. I just rested for the remainder of the evening but didn't feel bad at all.
 On Friday, I just took it easy and did nothing all day, although my best Pal came to see me. He is always welcome.
 On Saturday I felt much better and hoovered tghrough and later in the morning I decide to try to get rid of some of the ivy that has invaded the ditch at the bottom of the garden. I should have taken a photo to show just how bad it was, but that is me, never thinking at all. I saw the young man next door and asked if he could take the rubbish away and burn it for me. He told me no problem at all so I have made a start.
 Later in the day, I thought I heard the local farmer ploughing the field, sure enough he was there so I went out, when he saw me as soon as he got to this end of the field he came to see me.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment