Friday 7 September 2012

Planned power cut

This morning was a planned power cut. The information we received was that it was to improve the service to our area. Next door, the one with chickens had the letter but not really read it but she told me she would go and find the letter.
  I decided to go to Grantham. I know what some are thinking. On a Friday! It was not a good day at all. It took me almost 2 hours to travel less than 60 miles. When I did get to Morrison's I had to go  and drive rould the car park twice before I managed to find a space.
 I did find a coulple of Herring, well not exactly, I asked the lady on the counter if there were any Herrings. The two Herrings were burried under a Plaice, anyway I took both of them, one I have had today and the other I will have tomorrow. I also bought some sugar free jellies, some cooked meat, 1/2 fat cheese, a box of cornflakes and a box of bran flakes. The lot cost me £20.01. Unusually for me, I did fill up with fuel. 1.40.7pence a litre.I had just over 18 litres. I then went to my Sister's but she was not at home. Her Husband was and he informed me that she could not get in the car park. It was not long before she arrived back home. Nev, her Husband showed me the tomatoes. Not good at all. He told me that his Sisters would not eat them. I suggested that when my Sister goes next on a Car Boot put them in bags and try to sell them.
 I took with me for my Sisters and Niece some plums, a few grapes, pea seeds and a few tomatoes plus some french beans for her.
 I managed to get back home about 1.15pm. The electricity was back on. The first job was to go and pick the runner beans. The guy next door was about. Yesterday he gave me 4 paving slabs. Not the large ones, I would never be able to lift them but those about 2' square. I asked him if he would like the beans I picked, his eyes lit up and told me he would love them. I also went and picked a few plums for him too then went in and cooked my Herring. It was very nice. For my tea I had pressed Ox Tongue, not good for me really as it is a little fatty but it is nice and I only have it as a treat.
 I will tell more about my experiences regarding me trying to get a Broadband deal next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment